Friday, April 17, 2015

HOME IMPROVEMENT WITH A BIT OF UPCYCLE


This project was for the side of my mom's house. She was looking for a way to spice up the side of her house with some kind of art. My pops and I teamed up to build this unique wall hanger. The idea was to upcycle some old .250" water jet sheets that had been laying around. The sheets measured in at 4 x 8 with all kinds of parts previously cut out of them. My pops and I designed this art in two pieces so that it would be easier to install and remove if ever need be. The frame was made from .250" A36 hot rolled flat bar. Behind the sheets are holes spaced every 16" so that we could mount directly to the studs. The paint was picked and painted by my mom. As time goes on and the weather starts to settle in on this piece it will change giving it a lot of character.

FOR ALL YOUR WELDING AND METAL FABRICATION NEEDS